UK Visa sponsorship license
If you are a UK business considering sponsoring migrant workers under the points-based system and would like to find out whether you can be a sponsor, how to apply for a sponsor license, how you can sponsor migrants when you have a license, and what your duties are as a sponsor.
A UK employer will need a sponsor licence to employ someone from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to work for you in the UK. This includes unpaid work, like running a charity.
As UK employer the company can apply for license depending on their requirement:
- Tier 2 – skilled workers with long-term job offers
- Tier 5 – skilled temporary workers
Tier 2 Sponsor License
A Tier 2 license allows employers to bring in skilled workers who will be employed on a long term basis. Tier 2 license holders can bring applicants in the UK on the following sub categories:
- Tier 2 General – the role must meet the job suitability requirements
- Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer – for multinational companies which need to transfer employees to the UK
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion – for people coming to work for a religious organisation (for up to 3 years)
- Tier 2 Sportsperson – for elite sportspeople and coaches who will be based in the UK
Tier 5 Sponsor License
A Tier 5 license is for skilled workers who want to be employed on a temporary basis.
Tier 5 licenses are split into the following sub categories:
- Tier 5 Creative and Sporting – to work as a sportsperson (up to 1 year), entertainer or artist (up to 2 years)
- Tier 5 Charity Worker – for unpaid workers (up to 1 year)
- Tier 5 Religious Worker – for those doing preaching, pastoral and non-pastoral work (2 years)
- Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange – work experience (1 year), research projects or training, eg practical medical or scientific training (2 years) to enable a short-term exchange of knowledge
- Tier 5 International Agreement – where the worker is coming to do a job which is covered by international law, eg employees of overseas governments
Our clients in UK or India can speak to any of our UK Migrant Worker License Consultant in Mumbai | Delhi | Gurgaon | Chandigarh | Vadodara | Bangalore on +91 22 2850 9857 or +91 9819 127 002 and book your appointment for a Consultation to know about the specific requirements to sponsor a worker in the UK. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from UK visa consultants in relation to UK Tier 2 or Tier 5 Sponsor license.
You can also connect with us on
|Skype : SmartMove4Visas||WhatApp : 00919819127002|
|Viber : 00919819127002||Email : firstname.lastname@example.org|
For the list of tests and test centres approved by UK Visas and Immigration to show that applicants have the required level of English for their visa, Click here.
*The link will be directed to GOV UK site.